Advanced Brand Management
Course Code (Undergraduate): /
Course Code (Postgraduate): 2010039
48 Contact Hours
7.5 ECTS points Credit Points
This course aims to explore how branding significantly impacts the marketing process. Branding does not just refer to the brand name, it also includes the identity, image, equity, reputation and strategy of the brand. Topics cover brands and brand management, brand equity, brand positioning and brand strategies. This course will also investigate multiple case studies, which apply theory with current industry practice.
With its fast pace in transformation, the branding landscape is also a very invigorating environment to work within. This course is open for all students who are interested in marketing, communications, public relations, social media and advertising.
Schedule and Topics
1. Introduction to Brands and Brand Management
2. Brands are assets that drive strategy
3. The dynamics of brand management
4. Brand vision
5. Brand Personality
6. Marketing research to support branding
7. Designing Brand Positions
8. Brand positioning exercise
9. Brand Management in Practice
10. Supporting the brand position
11. Issues in branding
Quiz 1 (20%);
Quiz 2 (20%);
Branding Project (Report 30%+ Presentation 20%).
The course is open for postgraduate students.
Kevin Keller (2019) Strategic Brand Management – Global Edition (Pearson)