Auditing and Assurance Services
Course Code (Undergraduate): 093043
Course Code (Postgraduate): 2040103
48 Contact Hours
7.5 ECTS points Credit Points
This course explores the theory and practice of auditing and assurance services. The course will focus on the audit of corporate financial reports while considering a broader range of financial and non-financial assurance services. Students will develop a comprehensive understanding of the audit process and the professional auditing environment.
Schedule and Topics
2. Audit risk model and inherent risk
3. Planning the audit
4. Audit documentation, materiality
5. Internal controls, tests of controls
6. Financial report assertions
7. Audit evidence and Substantive tests
8. Analytical procedures
9. Governance and the auditor
10. IT systems and audit analytics
11. Professional ethics and auditor independence
12. Audit quality
13. Audit reporting
Case Study Assignment (Individual)(25%);
Final examination (Individual) (40%).
Sound knowledge of topics covered in introductory accounting units is a necessary basis for satisfactory completion of this course.
Gay, G. and Simnett, R. (2017) Auditing and Assurance Services in Australia + Connect, 6th edition Revised, McGraw-Hill.
Course materials (including lecture notes, supplementary readings and solutions to assignment questions) are handed out during the class.