Course Code (Undergraduate): 093045
Course Code (Postgraduate): 2093045
48 Contact Hours
7.5 ECTS points Credit Points
This course introduces students to the nature of e-business and develops the understanding of e-business issues. Cases studies will be drawn to illustrate the different business models of existing and emerging e-business companies. Other areas of focus will include security protection measures, privacy, legal and ethical concerns as well as key technologies responsible for the success of an e-business.
Students are able to explore potential developments in the market through analysing existing and developing businesses.
Schedule and Topics
2. E-business infrastructure: The web and mobile platforms
3. Building an e-business presence: websites, mobile sites and apps
4. E-business security and payment systems
5. E-business business models
6. E-business marketing and advertising
7. Social, mobile and local marketing
8. Legal and ethical concerns
9. Online media
10. Social networks and communities
11. E-business retailing and services
12. B2B e-business
13. E-business innovation: designing the future
Group project (40%);
Final examination (individual)(40%).
The course is designed for students from all academic disciplines to help them gain insight into e-business development. This course is open to undergraduate/postgraduate students.
Course materials (including lecture notes, supplementary readings and solutions to assignment questions) are handed out during the class.